LOD Streaming API:
Powering real-time decisions with Infinite Knowledge
The Unigraph API supports 2 modes: REST and Streaming. The latter is ideal for long running queries and for transferring massive amounts of data between our datacenter and the clients’ infrastructure.
The Unigraph’s APIs allow you to tap in real-time into the World’s Knowledge and extract information easily. Build smarter applications, enrich private data with verified facts from hundreds or sources, hold your government accountable and empower your fellow citizens through open, interconnected data
Single, simple pricing answering your app’s real consumption and needs
Why price on processing time?
This billing option is transparent and reflects the resources we need to provision in order to execute and make sure your queries run smoothly.
The processing time needed to extract data from a graph structure depends on many factors:
- How the query is structured and organized. For example: List all cities named London is not the same as: Narrow the list of objects named London to only those of type “city”
- Queries can be complex, nested and jump between nodes. It takes a lot of processing time to follow all possible connections and retrieve only the data you are interested in
How much data can be extracted per minute?
A lot! The Unigraph engine iterates at a speed of 300K facts/sec. on a single SSD disk. Each Unigraph cluster has at least 3 servers with 3 SSD disks each. So, as of today, Unigraph can process 2,7M facts/sec.!
How to choose between the REST and the Streaming API?
It depends on the use case. There’s no exact rule which API to use, when.
The REST API currently has a timeout of 20 seconds. If a query takes longer that that to execute, the Streaming API is the way to go.
What's the biggest advantage of the Streaming API?
The advantages are:
- Unlimited run time. From milliseconds to hours.
- No need to wait for the query to finish to process the results. The results are sent as soon as they are extracted.
- The connection can be closed at anytime and resumed at a later stage.
- Huge amounts of data can be extracted in shorter time.
The disadvantages compared to the REST API are:
- Back propagation is not supported.
- If a query is branched each branch will be treated as an independent query and results will be received for all branches simultaneously
Yes, of course. Please, contact us and we’ll provide you with an API key to access the entire Unigraph’s knowledge via the REST and Streaming APIs.